Nail Technician Resume Examples, Template & Writing Guide
A perfect resume is not only readable but helps the candidate achieve the job search goals. Although this may be true that a perfect thing doesn't exist we have come up with a resume sample of a nail technician that is flawless.
Nail Technician Resume Example
Laura Araujo Carvalho
3753 Woodhill Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Diligent and experienced nail technician with over six years of professional experience and relevant skills in the beauty industry. A positive attitude along with in-depth knowledge of artificial nails and skin care and treatments. Competent in managing sanitation and sterilization standards of high-end salon. Certification with related educational background to provide nail products and services to customers. Seeking the role of a nail technician to leverage nail technician skills.
Paris Nail Studio
- Created a designer portfolio of acrylic nails, gel nails, and fake nails for customers willing to wear them during festivals and special occasions.
- Collaborated with nail artists from other salons to plan and execute a beauty exhibition and provide excellent customer service.
- Applied relevant skills to develop 900+ fun and innovative nail designs suitable for all seasons and awarded as a classic manicure option.
- Customized more than ten foot massages including warmup twists, arch rubs, the toe bends, foot spread, heel squeeze, knuckle, and fist work.
Style Nail Care
- Awarded nail artist of the month for creating unmatched nail designs and providing exceptional customer service at the annual beauty fest.
- Delegated routine tasks like scheduling appointments, customer follow-ups, preparing treatment areas, upselling, and cross-selling beauty products.
- Developed a catalog for nail services ranging from budget-friendly to highly expensive ones depending on the customer's affordability.
- Enhanced the beauty treatment menu by adding other services like pedicures, facials, body scrubs, spas, and massage along with polishing nails.
Fiona Nail Care
- Demonstrated in-house product knowledge to the newly recruited junior nail technicians and conducted their orientation program to check their progress.
- Evaluated current trends in the nail salon industry and formulated new techniques to sell nail care services to customers aligned with their interests and personalities.
- Advised clients on other beauty services like waxing, pedicure, facials, body scrubs, steam, spa, sauna, hair cutting, and relaxing body massage.
- Offered paraffin treatments as a part of the manicure and pedicure beauty services to customers having skin problems in hands, feet, and cuticles.
Nail Technician Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Nail care services
- Nail polish & Nail art
- Nail technology
- Customer satisfaction
- Foot treatments
- Spa services
- Pedicure services
- Administrative duties
Diploma in Nail Art and Nail Care
Cosmetology School of Baltimore
2012 – 2013
Bachelor's Degree in Management
Maryland Management College
2013 – 2015
- Portuguese (Native)
- English (Conversational)
- Spanish (Beginner)
- Certified Nail Technician, 2015-2016
- Highly Skilled Nail Technician Certificate, 2016-2017
- Maryland Beauty Services Provider's Society, Member, 2018-Present
- State Federation of Beauty Professional, Member, 2019-Present
Today we will be discussing about a nail technician resume, resume tips, and how to convince the hiring manager and above all a resume writing guide with examples. So here it is beginning with a nail technician description of the job.
Nail Technician Job Description
- Professional experience working at a high-end salon providing beauty services.
- Experience in offering excellent customer service to teenagers and increasing sales.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in any subject.
- A positive attitude towards work is mandatory to keep the work environment vibrant.
- Work in the direction to escalate revenue growth of the potential employers.
- The applicant must also have the required soft skills along with the related beauty skills.
- Superior product knowledge to upsell or cross-sell beauty treatments and services.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills to convert potential leads into customers.
- Support other nail techs to enhance the customer service experience and gain customer loyalty.
- In-depth knowledge of acrylic nails, gel nails, fake nails, and related application materials.
- Competent in offering beauty services like waxing, facials, and spa services with nail art.
- Capable of defining the daily job description of general helpers working at the nail studio.
- Well-versed with different types of artificial nails, their applications, and related services.
- Unmatched customer service skills to elevate sales of the existing beauty services.
Now that we know what a nail technician does let's refer to an example resume.
Resume Writing Guide
So far we read a nail technician resume example and the description of the job and now we will browse the writing guide and the key takeaways.
Resume Format and Structure
The nail technician resume format is the standard reverse chronological order. Although we have three other resume format apart from the reverse chronological order this one remains on top for a variety of reasons.
First, the hiring managers approve of this format since it is easily scanned using an applicant tracking system. Second, it offers readability and finally, millions of job search applicants follow it. Hence, the format will be in the reverse order here.
The outline aka structure is straightforward having six key sections contact details, professional summary, experience, skills, education section, and additional details.
5 Ways to Write a Resume Header
Browse the contact details aka header from the nail technician resume example and enforce the same to create a nail tech resume for yourself.
Nail Technician Resume Summary
Go through the nail technician resume summary from the nail technician resume example and implement the same to create a nail tech resume for yourself.
Nail Technician Resume Objective
Refer to the resume objective below written with respect to the nail technician resume example and put forth the same to create a nail tech resume objective for yourself and impress hiring managers.
Scrutinize the work experience from the nail technician resume example and apply the same to create a nail tech resume for yourself and impress hiring managers.
Read the key skills from the nail technician resume example and use the same to create a nail tech resume for yourself and impress hiring managers.
Refer to the education example section from the nail technician resume sample and execute the same to create a nail tech resume for yourself and impress hiring managers.
Study the additional information from the nail technician resume example and administer the same to create a perfect resume for yourself and impress hiring managers.
Nail Technician Resume Template
Before we conclude the nail technician resume example here's a template for you that can be used to put down the professional experience and education section in one place. Apply for your first or next job using this comprehensive resume template.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Create your resume in 15 minutes
Our free collection of expertly designed cover letter templates will help you stand out from the crowd and get one step closer to your dream job.