Associate Attorney Resume | Examples, Tips & Templates
Completing law school is a great achievement, but what do you do next? You'll probably be looking for an opportunity to work at a law firm and apply the knowledge you gained in school in the real world. Working as an associate attorney is a great way to get your foot in the door in this field.
Associate Attorney Resume Example
South Boston, VA
Passionate associate attorney with six years of experience in office administration and civil litigation. Comprehensive legal knowledge with dedication to delivering expert representation and legal counsel. Proven ability to negotiate settlements and prepare legal briefs for court hearings. Excellent research and communication skills.
June 2017-May 2019
- Researched five successful suits of malpractice cases and advised clients in the medical malpractice field.
- Prepared discovery responses and published established legal precedents for adjudicated cases and settlement negotiations.
- Consulted with legislators and provided information and insights to enable them to draft legal documents and procedures for enforcement.
Miller and Company Advocates
March 2015-December 2016
- Conducted legal research to assist judicial staff representing clients in civil litigation matters with information before court appearances.
- Responsible for researching and analyzing statutes, legal rights, law concepts, and codes for lawyers to construct their briefs and arguments before civil litigation cases.
- Assisted three legal assistants by producing and filing pleadings, motion hearings, and other legal documents needed by the court.
Bachelor's Degree in Legal Studies
University of Wisconsin
- Jurisdictional familiarity
- Time management
- Decision making
- Account Management
- Extensive Legal Research
- Client communications
- Legal writing
Certified Legal Secretary Specialist: Intellectual Property(CLS)
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Create your resume in 15 minutes
Our free collection of expertly designed cover letter templates will help you stand out from the crowd and get one step closer to your dream job.