Associate Attorney Resume | Examples, Tips & Templates
Completing law school is a great achievement, but what do you do next? You'll probably be looking for an opportunity to work at a law firm and apply the knowledge you gained in school in the real world. Working as an associate attorney is a great way to get your foot in the door in this field.
Associate Attorney Resume Example
South Boston, VA
Passionate associate attorney with six years of experience in office administration and civil litigation. Comprehensive legal knowledge with dedication to delivering expert representation and legal counsel. Proven ability to negotiate settlements and prepare legal briefs for court hearings. Excellent research and communication skills.
June 2017-May 2019
- Researched five successful suits of malpractice cases and advised clients in the medical malpractice field.
- Prepared discovery responses and published established legal precedents for adjudicated cases and settlement negotiations.
- Consulted with legislators and provided information and insights to enable them to draft legal documents and procedures for enforcement.
Miller and Company Advocates
March 2015-December 2016
- Conducted legal research to assist judicial staff representing clients in civil litigation matters with information before court appearances.
- Responsible for researching and analyzing statutes, legal rights, law concepts, and codes for lawyers to construct their briefs and arguments before civil litigation cases.
- Assisted three legal assistants by producing and filing pleadings, motion hearings, and other legal documents needed by the court.
Bachelor's Degree in Legal Studies
University of Wisconsin
- Jurisdictional familiarity
- Time management
- Decision making
- Account Management
- Extensive Legal Research
- Client communications
- Legal writing
Certified Legal Secretary Specialist: Intellectual Property(CLS)
What’s a Rich Text element?
Static and dynamic content editing
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Create your resume in 15 minutes
Our free collection of expertly designed cover letter templates will help you stand out from the crowd and get one step closer to your dream job.