Impressive Real Estate Resumes With Examples & Tips 2023
Whether you are an experienced real estate professional or just starting your career in this dynamic industry, a strong resume can showcase your skills, accomplishments, and potential to prospective employers.
The year 2023 brings new trends and expectations for real estate resumes. Hiring managers are seeking applicants who can convincingly demonstrate their knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to success.
A well-crafted resume is your opportunity to make a positive first impression. This guide will provide you with valuable examples and tips to create an impressive real estate resume that stands out in 2023.
How to Write a Professional Real Estate Agent Resume?
Writing a professional real estate agent resume requires careful consideration of your skills, experience, and achievements in the industry. Here are steps on how to create a compelling real estate agent resume.
- Start your resume with a short and engaging summary or objective that emphasizes your years of experience, areas of expertise, and career goals.
- Highlight your key skills and strengths relevant to the real estate industry including both technical skills and soft skills.
- Give a detailed description of your professional background, beginning with your most recent post. Focus on quantifiable results and specific examples to demonstrate your impact in previous roles.
- List your educational background, including any relevant degrees, diplomas, or certifications. If you have completed specialized real estate training or hold industry certifications, be sure to highlight them in this section.
- Include a separate section to highlight your notable achievements, awards, or recognition in the real estate industry.
- Review the job description carefully and customize your resume to align with the specific requirements and keywords mentioned. Incorporate relevant terms and skills to demonstrate your suitability for the role.
- Use a professional font, consistent formatting, and appropriate headings. Proofread your resume multiple times to catch any grammatical or spelling errors.
What If You Don't Have Any Experience in Real Estate Jobs?
If you don't have any experience in real estate jobs, you can still create a strong resume by focusing on transferable skills, relevant education or training, and any related experiences that showcase your abilities. Here's a guide on how to write a professional real estate agent resume without prior experience:Start with a Strong Summary or Objective Statement: Begin your resume with a compelling summary or objective statement that highlights your enthusiasm, motivation, and relevant skills. Emphasize your passion for the real estate industry and your eagerness to learn and contribute.
Highlight Transferable Skills: Identify transferable skills from your previous experiences, whether they are from other industries, volunteer work, or academic projects.
Showcase Relevant Education or Training: If you have completed any coursework, certifications, or training related to real estate, include them in a dedicated education section.
Highlight Related Experiences: Include any internships, part-time jobs, or volunteer work where you interacted with clients, dealt with contracts or negotiations, or demonstrated other relevant skills.
Emphasize Additional Strengths: Highlight any additional strengths or qualities that make you a strong candidate for a real estate position.
Customize Your Resume for Each Application: Tailor your resume to match the requirements of the specific real estate job you are applying for. Review the job description and incorporate relevant keywords and skills into your resume to demonstrate your alignment with the position.
Professional Development: Demonstrate your commitment to professional growth by mentioning any ongoing professional development activities, such as attending seminars, webinars, or workshops related to real estate.
What Is The Best ATS-Friendly Format For Real Estate Agent Resumes?
When creating a real estate agent resume that is compatible with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), it's important to follow an ATS-friendly format. Here are some guidelines to optimize your real estate agent resume for ATS compatibility:Use a Simple and Clean Layout
Stick to a clean and professional layout for your resume. Avoid using complex tables, graphics, or elaborate formatting that can confuse the ATS software.Include Relevant Keywords
Carefully review the job description and identify important keywords and phrases related to real estate. Incorporate these keywords strategically throughout your resume, particularly in the summary, skills, and work experience sections. This helps the ATS identify your suitability for the position.Utilize Standard Section Headings
Name each component with a consistent title, such as "Summary," "Skills," "Work Experience," "Education," and "Certifications." These headers guarantee that your information is accurately digested and is quickly recognized by ATS software.Optimize Bullets and Formatting
Use bullet points to highlight your achievements, responsibilities, and skills within each section. This improves readability for both the ATS and human readers. Avoid using special characters or symbols, as they may not be recognized by the ATS and can result in formatting issues.Proofread and Check for Compatibility
Additionally, test the compatibility of your resume by using online ATS compatibility tools or submitting it through the company's online application system if available. This allows you to identify and fix any potential formatting issues beforehand.
How To Write An Impressive Profile For Real Estate Agents? (Resume Objective or Summary)
To write an impressive profile for real estate agents, you can choose to include either a resume objective or a summary section. Both options allow you to showcase your qualifications, skills, and goals. Here's how to write an impressive profile for real estate agents:
A resume objective is a concise statement that highlights your career goals and what you can bring to a real estate position. Focus on your goals, applicable skills, and how you can help the company succeed when creating your resume objective.
A summary section provides a brief overview of your qualifications, experience, and key strengths. It is typically a paragraph or a few bullets points that capture the essence of your real estate expertise. When writing a summary, highlight your unique selling points and emphasize your achievements and skills.
- Incorporate keywords and phrases from the job description to demonstrate your fit and understanding of the position.
- To stand out, emphasize your strengths in negotiation, market analysis, & communication.
- Include specific metrics or results that demonstrate your success in generating sales, closing deals, or delivering exceptional client service.
- Convey your genuine passion for the real estate industry and your dedication to providing excellent service to clients.
Profile Example (Resume Summary Example)
Resume Objective Example
Resume Summary Example
Realtor Resume Samples
Realtor Resume Sample - Experienced:
Results-driven and customer-focused Realtor with 8+ years of experience in residential property sales. Proven track record of exceeding sales targets, building strong client relationships, and providing exceptional service. Skilled in market analysis, contract negotiation, and leveraging technology to drive sales growth. Dedicated to staying updated on market trends and delivering optimal outcomes for clients.
Century Estate Agency
New York City, NY
Jan 2019 - PresentJob Responsibilities:
- Consistently exceeded sales targets, closing an average of 20 residential property sales per quarter.
- Conducted comprehensive market analysis to determine property values and guide pricing strategies.
- Successfully negotiated and closed contracts, resulting in favorable terms for clients and increased revenue.
- Built a strong referral network through proactive networking and client relationship management, resulting in a 30% increase in referral business.
- Utilized technology and digital marketing strategies to generate leads and enhance online presence.
New York State Property Brokers
New York City, NY
March 2015 – Dec 2018Job Responsibilities:
- Assisted Realtors with property showings, open houses, and client appointments.
- Conducted market research to identify potential investment properties and analyze market trends.
- Prepared property listings, including descriptions, photographs, and virtual tours.
- Coordinated contract and transaction management, ensuring accuracy and timely completion.
- Residential property sales
- Market analysis and pricing strategies
- Contract negotiation and closing deals
- Client relationship management
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Proficient in MLS software and CRM systems
- Strong knowledge of the local real estate market
Bachelor of Business Administration in Real Estate
New York Real Estate School, NY
Graduated – Dec 2014
Real Estate License
Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
Realtor Resume Sample - Entry-Level:
Motivated and detail-oriented individual with a strong interest in launching a career as a Realtor. Recent graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and coursework focused on real estate principles and practices. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for providing exceptional customer service. Eager to contribute to the success of a real estate team and deliver positive outcomes for clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of real estate principles and practices
- Market research and analysis
- Customer service and relationship building
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Adaptability and willingness to learn
Bachelor of Business Administration in Real Estate
Success Real Estate School, TN
Graduated - May 2018
Relevant coursework: Real Estate Principles, Property Management, Real Estate Law, Market Analysis
Camden Real Estate Company
Oct 2018 – Jul 2019Responsibilities:
- Assisted property managers in lease negotiations and tenant relations.
- Conducted market research to analyze rental rates and property demand.
- Coordinated property showings and assisted with tenant screening processes.
- Prepared lease agreements and maintained accurate records of property management activities.
Habitat for Humanity
Jan 2017 – Aug 2017Responsibilities:
- Helped in building and upgrading their homes for low-income households.
- Collaborated with a diverse team of volunteers to complete construction projects.
- Developed strong teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Additional Skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and software.
- Bilingual, Fluent in English and Spanish
How to Pick the Best Real Estate Agent Resume Template?
Here are some factors to consider when picking the best real estate agent resume template:Professional Appearance: Opt for a template that has a clean and professional design. A sleek and modern template with clear sections and an organized layout is generally a good choice.
Readability and Scannability: Ensure that the template you choose is easy to read and scan. Choose professional fonts like Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman. Font size should be between 10 and 12 points.
Customization Options: Look for a template that you can change and personalize to meet your requirements. This includes the option to include or exclude portions, modify the formatting, and, if needed, change the color palette.
ATS Compatibility: Check if the template is designed to be compatible with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). Look for templates that are optimized for ATS, or choose a straightforward design that is less likely to cause issues with parsing.
Relevance to Real Estate: Consider templates that have a design or layout that is relevant to the real estate industry. Look for templates that feature a professional and elegant aesthetic, with elements such as clean lines, subtle colors, or real estate-themed icons.
Flexibility for Different Experience Levels: Templates should be adaptable for both experienced real estate agents and those with limited experience. Choose a template that aligns with your level of experience and emphasizes your strengths.
Online or Offline Usage: Consider if you want a template that can be downloaded and used offline in applications like Microsoft Word or Adobe InDesign, or one that is built for online usage, like a Google Docs template.
Resume Templates For Real Estate Professionals
Here are a few options:Traditional Professional Template
This template features a classic, professional design with clear section headings and a clean layout. It allows you to showcase your experience, skills, and education effectively.Modern Creative Template
This template can be appropriate if you're looking for a more modern and creative layout. It incorporates visually appealing elements while still maintaining a professional look. This template is ideal for real estate professionals who want to highlight their creativity and individuality.Elegant Executive Template
This template is suitable for real estate professionals in leadership or executive roles. It has a sophisticated and polished design, with a focus on highlighting your leadership abilities, achievements, and management experience.Clean Minimalist Template
This template offers a basic and uncomplicated style for a slick and minimalist look. It emphasizes your key information, skills, and experience in a concise and visually appealing way. This template is suitable for real estate professionals who prefer a clean and modern look.Functional Skills Template
If you want to emphasize your skills rather than chronological work experience, this template can be a good choice. It focuses on showcasing your relevant skills, qualifications, and achievements prominently. This template is beneficial for real estate professionals transitioning careers or with limited work experience in the industry.
How To Add A Great Real Estate Job Description? (Work History)
Adding a great real estate job description to your work history section can significantly enhance your resume. Here's how you can craft an impactful job description:
- Begin each bullet point in your job description with a strong action verb like "negotiated," or "managed”, to demonstrate your proactive approach and accomplishments.
- Highlight your achievements and measurable results in each job description. Use specific metrics, percentages, or dollar amounts whenever possible.
- After showcasing your achievements, provide a brief overview of your key responsibilities and tasks. Pay special attention to those that relate most to the position you are applying for.
- Make sure to indicate any specialized skills or knowledge you have that are important to the real estate sector in your job description. For example, knowledge of specific software or databases, familiarity with local market trends, etc.
- Identify the key skills and qualifications the employer is seeking and ensure that your job description highlights how you meet those requirements.
Professional Experience Sample
Real Estate Sales Associate
San Diego, TX
April 2018- Dec 2022Responsibilities:
- Successfully closed an average of 15 residential property sales per quarter, exceeding sales targets by 20%.
- Built a strong referral network through proactive networking and client relationship management, resulting in a 40% increase in repeat business.
- Conducted comprehensive market analysis to guide pricing strategies, resulting in a 15% decrease in average days on the market for listed properties.
How To List Relevant Real Estate Resume Skills And Proficiencies?
When listing relevant real estate resume skills and proficiencies, it's important to include those that directly align with the requirements of the job you're applying for. Here are some essential skills and proficiencies to consider including:
- Highlight your ability to conduct market analysis and research to guide pricing strategies and make informed decisions.
- Demonstrate your proficiency in sales and negotiation techniques, showcasing your ability to close deals and secure favorable terms for clients. Include examples of successful sales records, contract negotiations, and achieving sales targets.
- Put a focus on your ability to comprehend clients' demands, deliver first-rate customer care, and connect with clients efficiently throughout the purchasing or selling procedure.
- Include your ability to articulate property details, negotiate contracts, and provide clear and concise information to clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Emphasize your capacity to make decisions, including how to weigh choices, assess risks, and act wisely in time-sensitive circumstances.
- Demonstrate your proficiency in using real estate software, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and other technology tools relevant to the industry. Include experience with MLS platforms, document management systems, and digital marketing platforms.
- Mention your keen attention to detail, especially when it comes to contracts, property listings, and documentation.
- Emphasize your adherence to industry regulations and standards, as well as your dedication to maintaining confidentiality and protecting client interests.
- Depending on the specific job or specialty within real estate, including any additional relevant skills, like knowledge of commercial real estate, property management, investment analysis, marketing, and advertising, etc.
Hard Skills (12 Skills)
- Market Analysis
- Contract Negotiation
- Property Management
- Property Marketing
- Financial Analysis
- Property Appraisal
- Real Estate Law
- CRM Software
- Multiple Listing Services (MLS) Platforms
- Comparative Market Analysis (CMA)
- Online Marketing and Social Media
Soft Skills (12 Skills)
- Customer Service
- Sales Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Integrity and Ethics
- Emotional Intelligence
How To Add Extra Sections To a Real Estate Agent Resume?
When adding extra sections to a real estate agent resume, consider including information that enhances your qualifications, highlights relevant experiences, and showcases your unique strengths. Here are some additional sections you can include:Professional Certifications and Licenses
List any professional certifications or licenses you hold that are relevant to the real estate industry. This can include your real estate agent or broker license, specialized designations (e.g., Certified Residential Specialist, Accredited Buyer's Representative), or additional certifications (e.g., Property Management Certification).Professional Associations and Affiliations
Highlight your involvement in professional real estate associations and organizations. Mention associations with organizations that are relevant to your sector, including the National Association of Realtors (NAR) or regional real estate boards.Continuing Education and Training
Include a section that showcases any relevant continuing education courses, workshops, or training programs you have completed.Community Involvement and Volunteer Work
If you have been actively involved in community service or volunteer work related to real estate or housing, consider creating a section to highlight these experiences.Awards and Recognitions
If you have received any awards, accolades, or special recognition in your real estate career, create a section to showcase these achievements. This can include top producer awards, customer service excellence recognition, or industry-specific honors.Technical Skills or Specialized Software
If you possess technical skills or proficiency in specialized software relevant to the real estate industry, create a section to showcase these capabilities. This can include proficiency in CRM software, property management platforms, virtual tour software, or other tools used in real estate transactions.Languages
Include a section that showcases your ability to speak in any other language except English, if you are capable. Being multilingual is a great advantage for a real estate agent.
List Of Relevant Real Estate Certifications
- Real Estate License
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR)
- Seller Representative Specialist (SRS)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Certified Property Manager (CPM)
- Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS)
- Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS)
- Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB)
List Of Relevant Real Estate License
- Real Estate Salesperson License
- Real Estate Broker License
- Associate Broker License
- Managing Broker License
- Designated Broker License
- Dual License (Broker-Salesperson)
- Rental Property Manager License
Compliment Your Real Estate Agent Resume With A Professional Cover Letter
A well-crafted cover letter can complement your real estate agent resume by providing a personalized introduction and highlighting your relevant skills, experiences, and motivations.
- Address the recipient by name, if possible.
- Start your cover letter with a strong opening paragraph that grabs the reader's attention.
- Mention the specific position you're applying for and express your enthusiasm for the opportunity. Briefly introduce yourself, stating your background and experience in the real estate industry.
- In the following paragraphs, elaborate on your skills, experiences, and achievements that make you a strong candidate for the real estate agent role.
- Use examples to demonstrate your expertise in areas such as sales, negotiations, market analysis, client relationship management, and property marketing.
- Share your genuine passion for the real estate industry and explain why you are specifically interested in working for the company you're applying to.
- Indicate what makes you stand out from the competition and how your skills and knowledge may benefit the company. Emphasize any unique qualifications, certifications, or specialized knowledge you possess.
- Convey your commitment to providing exceptional service, building strong client relationships, and achieving positive outcomes in real estate transactions.
- Thank the reader for considering your application and expressing your desire for an interview to further discuss your qualifications.
- Before submitting your cover letter, carefully proofread it for grammar, spelling, and formatting errors.
What does a realtor do?
Realtors act as advocates for their clients, representing their interests in real estate transactions. They provide guidance, advice, and support throughout the process. They also help sellers prepare and market their properties for sale. This includes conducting market analysis, determining an appropriate listing price, staging the property, and creating compelling property listings.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Create your resume in 15 minutes
Our free collection of expertly designed cover letter templates will help you stand out from the crowd and get one step closer to your dream job.