A Complete Guide to Writing a Communications Specialist Resume with Examples
Why does a company hire a communications specialist? Communications specialists like you are the experts who convey the brand message of an organization to all its stakeholders – someone who plays an essential role in maintaining public relationships, media relationships, and internal organizational relationships.
Example of a Senior Communications Specialist Resume
A dynamic and highly motivated senior communications specialist with more than 7 years of experience in content creation and planning seeking my next corporate challenge in a well-reputed firm. In my previous experience at Coral Gables, I have increased the company's Facebook engagement by 27% from 2020-2022.
Aug 2016 to Present
Senior communications specialist
- Increased Facebook audience engagement by 27% in the last 2 years.
- Carried out external communications required to build industry relationships.
- Created social media content across multiple platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Organized a newsletter with the social media team which eventually got 14% CTR.
June 2014 to Aug 2016
Junior communications specialist
- Monitored all social media pages and provided social media training for new team members.
- Worked closely with the marketing team and the clients in developing the marketing strategies.
- Improved the company’s social media presence and engagement by using social media best practices.
- Participated in team meetings generating suggestions and engaging in problem-solving to support the team.
Master’s in Communication
University of Wisconsin
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing & Communication
Michigan State University
- Decision making
- Time management
- Event execution
- Social media marketing
- Strategic corporate guidance
- Associated press style
- Adobe CC
- Campaign Monitor
- Microsoft Office
Certified Billing and Coding Specialist - NHA
Certified Manager Certification - CM
Professional Certified Marketer - PCM
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Create your resume in 15 minutes
Our free collection of expertly designed cover letter templates will help you stand out from the crowd and get one step closer to your dream job.