Retail Worker Resume Writing Guide, Example, Skills, and Templates
Working in retail is a great way to get started in your career, whether in fashion, beauty, or even the technology sector. It gives you a chance to grow your people skills and make connections that could be fundamental in getting a life-changing opportunity in your career.
Retail Worker resume sample
Professional Retail Sales Associate with five years experience of demonstrated success in exceeding annual sales goals. Highly effective at identifying customer needs, employing upselling sales techniques, and creating promotional campaigns. Advanced product knowledge with a composed and articulate approach when interacting with customers. Available for 20 hours per week, including weekends and evenings.
Retail Store Manager
- Accurately processed payments using the POS system for services and products to meet sales targets and financial goals.
- Collaborated with vendors and other stores to determine market trends to choose appropriate items to sell to customers and promote seasonal items.
- Counted cash, made correct changes, and stored coupons accurately to keep the cash register organized and balanced.
June 2014-August 2016
- Maintained and stocked sales areas, made floor moves, displayed merchandise, and directed housekeeping.
- Explained the company's current promotions and store policies, answered questions and assisted customers with complaints.
- Answered customer inquiries, handled customer returns and exchanges of merchandise, and determined the correct refunds or store credit.
High School Diploma
Brentwood High School
- Inventory management
- Business management
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Quickbooks POS
- Product knowledge
Certified Sales Associate
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Create your resume in 15 minutes
Our free collection of expertly designed cover letter templates will help you stand out from the crowd and get one step closer to your dream job.