Facility Operations Manager Resume: How to Make it Shine?
To manage a facility or say a premises of a company including manufacturing units is the duty of a facility operations manager. For example, if a production unit has grounds maintenance staff then that particular team comes under the supervision and control of a facility operations manager.
Facility Operations Manager Resume Example
Mark R. Gallagher
Facility Operations Manager
Facility operations manager with 8 years of experience in the facilities management industry. Creative attitude towards problem-solving. Exposed to multiple project management in the last four years. Looking for a work culture where collaborative efforts of employees and the company collectively thrive to excel.
STRG Warehousing LLP., Houston, Texas
- Managed warehouse operations for an e-commerce company totaling over 230,000 sqft.
- Successfully handled a team of 40 members including entry-level staff. Member training, delegating work schedule, discipline management, and evaluating performance were core job duties.
- Coordinated with senior project management staff to resolve issues related to warehouse operations.
- Developed strategies with internal and external departments of the warehouse to address bottom-level employee benefits.
- Devised and implemented an emergency warehouse evacuation plan during natural calamities like earthquakes, storms, heavy rains, and fires.
- Created a system to increase the efficiency of incoming and outgoings in the warehouse leading to a 16% rise in the overall output.
- Organized monthly preventative maintenance programs at multiple projects of the company to ensure smooth operations.
Blue Bird Shipping, Houston, Texas
- Implemented inventory for equipment to meet the needs of onboard staff.
- Applied creative experience to establish excellence in marine services.
- Delegated responsibilities to team members with the senior operations manager approval and accordance.
- Employed comprehensive policy guidelines and regulations for the workforce on the docks.
- Developed high risk waste policy to escalate environmental and social accountabilities.
- Prioritized energy efficiency to keep long-term operating costs minimum.
- Organized monthly meetings of facilities managers, maintenance staff, facilities team, and another management team to oversee completion on time.
Oak Housing Projects, Houston, Texas
- Planned, organized, maintained, and managed the housing project operations and maintenance tasks.
- Established inspection processes for work done by teams and of building equipment for multiple facilities.
- Monitor outside contractors performing building maintenance work, third-party service providers, and support staff doing major technical work at ongoing sites.
- Training staff and recommending them to senior management along with direct reports to concerned heads.
- Administered vendor management policies to improve vendor relationships.
- Trouble-shoot facilities operations issues like malfunctioning of fire alarms.
- Collaborated with team members for multiple projects ensuring delivery of valuable inputs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management
Houston Business School
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Management & supervision
- Principles & practices of contract management
- Applicable laws and regulations
- Principles & practices of vendor management
- Space management & procurement regulations
- Project management laws and regulations
- Preventative maintenance programs & practices
- Sustainability in managing facilities
- Facilities manager best practices
- Continuous process improvements
- Building systems & energy management
- Translating technical documents
- Training teams & mapping operational costs
- Implementing complex space management practices
- Managing multi-faceted facilities operations
- Maintenance under applicable laws and regulations
- Developing programs to manage building systems
- Vendor management & vendor relationships assessment
- Equipment maintenance & workflow management
- Preparing project management reports
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs
- Analyze key performance indicators
- Identify & recommend solutions to problems
- Communicate effectively using computer technology
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Create your resume in 15 minutes
Our free collection of expertly designed cover letter templates will help you stand out from the crowd and get one step closer to your dream job.