Write your resume in 15 minutes
Our free collection of expertly designed cover letter templates will help you stand out from the crowd and get one step closer to your dream job.
In this article, you’ll find a complete guide to sending your resume to Dunkin donuts and getting yourself into an exciting, fast-paced, and rewarding career.
We also cover:
- Professional resume examples for different jobs at Dunkin
- A step-by-step guide to filling the online application
- Benefits of becoming a member of the Dunkin’ family
- Dunkin donuts job hunting tips
Let's start with a couple of perfect resume examples for jobs at Dunkin – refer to these examples and tailor your resume to match your profile.
Entry-level Resume Example for Dunkin Donuts
A passionate student reading for the Master’s in Accounting seeking a cashier job in my excess time. I have worked as a cashier at a local supermarket for 6 months handling cash registers, online orders, and customer service with 97% overall customer satisfaction.
April 2020 to Nov 2020
- Handled about $25,000 cash payments daily
- Worked with the POS system for invoicing, price updating, and product updating
- Answered the phone and handled customer and management inquiries
- Talked to the customers, identified their requirements, and helped them choose the products
- Prepared delivery orders and communicated with the delivery partners for on-time delivery, achieving 92% customer satisfaction for online orders
- Received payments in cash, credit cards, loyalty card points, and vouchers
Reading for the Master’s degree in Accounting & Finance
Columbia University, NY
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
The University of Wisconsin, 2012-2016
- Cash handling
- POS system knowledge
- Delivery packaging
- Microsoft Excel
- High energy
- Interpersonal skills
Passionate about making cake
A Dunkin Donut fanatic
Experienced Candidate’s Resume for Dunkin Donuts
A dedicated shift leader with over 4 years of experience in the food sector seeks to join the enthusiastic Dunkin crew. In my previous job at McDonald’s, I was managing the night shift leading to 17% year-on-year growth in terms of revenue.
April 2017 to Present
- Achieved a year-on-year sales growth of 17%
- Cut down customer waiting time by 50% with the help of an inspired team
- Developed the raw material forecast with the management – 92% of the menu items were available throughout the night shift
- Awarded the most efficient McDonald’s team in 2019
- Conducted job interviews for hiring crew members
- Joined McDonald’s as a customer service executive
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, 2012-2016
Columbia University, NY
- Inventory control
- Customer inquiry handling
- People management
- Interpersonal skills
Awards & Recognitions
- Shift manager of the year 2020
Make your Dunkin Donut resume stand out from the rest of the applications by using one of our ready-to-fill resume templates.
Send Resume to Dunkin Donuts Step By Step
With the strength of 13,000+ outlets over 42 countries, Dunkin donuts offer a variety of employment opportunities at all levels from entry-level part-time positions to corporate managerial positions.
There’re two ways to apply for Dunkin:
First, you can print your resume – walk into your favorite outlet and hand it over to the store manager. This works mostly for entry-level jobs.
The second method is the online application. Dunkin Donuts website comprises a job application where you can search your favorite outlets and available job vacancies to apply online.
The application process is self-explanatory which we have explained here👇
1. Come run with us
Visit the Dunkin Donuts Careers page. If you haven’t registered on the Dunkin Career website, you can sign up first or you can send your application as a guest user (we recommend signing up first).
2.Working at Dunkin
Choose the “Apply Now” option if you are looking for an entry-level or part-time position or even a managerial position at the store level. Choose “Corporate Opportunities” if you’re looking to work at Dunkin headquarters in finance, marketing, administration, branding, or logistics.
When you select “Apply Now”, the Dunkin job search engine will pick your location automatically and will show you the available vacancies around your area. If you’re looking for a particular area, you can also search from the location.
3. Select where you want to apply
For instance, the 250 Broadway outlet doesn’t have vacancies currently, however, you can contact the restaurant (walk-in applications) if interested, while the 100 Chambers St outlet has posted vacancies for which you can apply online.
You will be redirected to the relevant franchisee website or directly to the online application form. If it is a third-party franchisee, you will see more jobs available in their Dunkin outlets.
5. Job Application
Filling out the job application involves three steps: contact information, a questionnaire, and a review option before sending the application.
Certain jobs ask you to upload a resume. Dunkin gives the applicant the option to upload a resume and sign up for their Talent Community in which they send you new job vacancies and will contact you if they find a good fit for your profile.
If you’re to create your resume for Dunkin Donuts, we have created awesome resume templates that match just right to your profile.
6. General Questions
Here are some of the questions you’ll see under this section:
- General information about your experience and previous employers
- Questions to see whether you can handle the work at Dunkin. Eg: Are you able to lift 50 lbs?
- Questions about the time you’re planning to work – your time flexibility
- Tests how you deal with customer complaints and difficult situation
- Whether you can operate a computerized cash registry
- Questions to test your problem-solving skills
Questions may differ based on the position you apply for. Take a decent amount of time to answer them as some questions are tricky.
Here’s an example:
You see a co-worker giving food to a friend without paying. You would:
- Ignore it
- Announce that they’re breaking the law
- Privately talk to the co-worker and let them know it is inappropriate
- Quietly tell a manager
In the final stage, review your application and hit “Submit”.
That’s it! They will instantly receive your application – it will go through the ATS (Applicant tracking system) – shortlisted applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager and will call for interviews.
Dunkin Donuts Salaries?
Dunkin Donuts pay and benefit vary in different regions and also depend on whether the outlet is directly managed by Dunkin or belongs to a third-party franchisee.
Dunkin pays competitive salaries on par with other popular entry-level options such as McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Domino's, and Starbucks.
Here’re the average base salaries 💰paid for different job roles in the USA (payscale.com):
- Cashier, Barista, Baker, Crew member $10
- Team leader, Shift leader $11
- Restaurant manager $14
These rates could however go up or down based on your experience and the value you bring to Dunkin – the final salary will be negotiated at an interview.
If you’re willing to work on popular holidays and weekends, you will be paid more. If your Dunkin career is to purchase a new car or to travel around the world with your savings, you won’t miss any day at Dunkin.
What You Need to Work at Dunkin Donuts - Requirements
You should be 16 years or more if you’re applying for an entry-level job. Dunkin accepts candidates with no work experience and their recruitment process is fast and flexible making them a great place to start especially for the youth.
To apply for managerial positions, your age should be above 18.
If you’re to apply for corporate positions in marketing, finance, or administration at Dunkin head offices, you should have the relevant educational qualifications and experience which will be stated in the job advertisements.
In addition, most Dunkin jobs require the following skills:
- Fluency in English
- Computer literacy
- Cash handling
Also, most Dunkin jobs expect the candidates to have these soft skills:
- Guest focus
- Problem solving
- Decision making
Advantages of Working at Dunkin Donuts
First and foremost, you’re going to get employee discounts for all your favorite donuts and coffee at Dunkin outlets.
Apart from that, Dunkin Donuts is famous for its fast paced environment, focus on work-life balance, and professional food service standards – the career experience you’re getting at Dunkin at any level will be extremely important for you to pursue a career in food & restaurant sector in future.
They provide many financial and non-financial benefits to their employees, including:
- Flexible hours
- Paid time off
- Bonus pay
- Paid training
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Tuition reimburse
- 401 (k) Retirement plans
- Career advancement
Extra Tips for Improving Your Chances
Anyone can apply for Dunkin cause they have minimum entry requirements for many jobs, but everyone does not get to work at Dunkin. This is not because they’re not good enough – just that the hiring manager can’t find them in a big pool of applicants.
These tips will help you stand out from the rest of the applications:
Create a modern resume
Whenever possible, upload your resume. Bring a printed resume to your interview. Do not walk into the outlets and ask for jobs without having a resume in hand.
Your resume should highlight your education, work experience, and skills. Check out our ready-to-fill resume templates to create a modern resume for Dunkin in just 10 minutes
Write an awesome cover letter
A cover letter is your sales pitch to the hiring manager. If you’re applying for Dunkin as a walk-in applicant, attach a cover letter to your resume and hand it over to the store manager.
In your cover letter, highlight your work achievements and academic accomplishment – the reason for choosing Dunkin Donuts – your skills that will be important to carry out the tasks.
Check out some of the awesome cover letter examples which you can tailor to your requirement. Write one awesome cover letter for Dunkin Donuts and tailor it to different store locations and positions accordingly.
Avoid rush times
If you’re handing over your application to the store, make sure you avoid the rush hours and weekends at the store when the store manager is busy with operations.
As a result, the manager will be able to have a good discussion with you - and if they are really in need of an employee, he may even hire you right then and there.
Before going for an interview, do your research – especially about the Dunkin product line. One of the most popular questions at Dunkin interviews is your favorite Dunkin product – make sure you have a good answer for this with an explanation.
- Apply in person at the store or online.
- Create a professional Dunkin Donuts resume.
- Visit Dunkin Donuts career website
- Search for jobs you’re interested in.
- Fill out the online application.
- Answer the questionnaire.
- Review your answers.
- Submit your application.
- Wait for their call.
How long does it take Dunkin Donuts to get back to me?
Usually within one week. If you don’t get any response in a week, you may call their human resources department or visit the local Dunkin Donuts outlet to get an update about your application.
If you applied online as a registered user on Dunkin careers website, you’ll be notified via email whether your application got shortlisted or not.
What are the popular Dunkin Donuts interview questions?
The Dunkin interview process is pretty straightforward. They would ask questions to see whether you fit their company culture. Some of the questions new employees often asked are as follows:
- What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your favorite Dunkin Donuts food?
- How long do you plan to work?
- How much time do you plan to allocate to work each week?
- How do you handle a stressful situation at work?
- You take two hours to make 25 donuts – you got one hour and the target is to make 50 donuts – how will you handle the situation?
- Describe a time you performed well under pressure
- Describe an occasion you made a good decision at work