Security Screener Resume| A Comprehensive Resume Writing Guide
Security screeners are important professionals who are responsible for the safety of passengers and employees at airports, malls, public institutions etc. Security screeners are responsible for screening the people, baggage and identifying dangerous objects that pose a security threat to the public at large.
Senior Airport Security Screener Resume Sample
Airport Security Screener
Dedicated airport security screener with 8 years of experience and a proven track record of ensuring the safety of passengers and airport personnel. Proficient in X-ray screening, metal detection and threat identification. Dedicated to optimizing and maintaining the highest standards of security.
Senior Airport Security Screener
NJ International Airport, New Jersey
April 2017 - Present
- Lead the security screening process for passengers, baggage and cargo.
- Oversee the operation of X-ray machines and metal detectors, making sure the equipment is functioning properly.
- Conduct security checks at regular intervals to identify and any vulnerabilities.
- Prepared to respond immediately during emergency situations with a clearly defined evacuation plan.
- Train and supervise junior screeners ensuring compliance with TSA regulations and the established security protocols.
Airport Security Screener
NJ International Airport, New Jersey
January 2015- March 2017
- Conducted a thorough security check of passengers and checked baggage for potential hazards and prohibited items using X-ray and metal detection equipment.
- Followed established security protocols and reported suspicious activity to law enforcement.
- Participated in emergency drills and responded immediately to real-life emergencies.
- Proficient in operating X-ray machines and metal detectors
- Threat identification
- Knowledge of security protocols
- Crisis management
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
High School Diploma
Sherman Oaks School, Denver, Colorado
Graduation Date: April, 2014
Certified Security Screener (CSS)
TSA Security Officer Certification
A position like this requires a candidate that exhibits a strong attention to detail and ability to act quickly in high-stress situations through their screener resume. In this guide, we will take you through a methodical approach to help you write an effective screener resume.
Security Screener Resume Sample
Resume samples are a great way to get an idea of how a professional resume should look and helps you with ideas that you can apply to your own resume. We have chosen to show you a resume sample for a senior airport security screener to best demonstrate what a good and professional resume looks like.
Choosing the Appropriate Resume Format
Before you rush into writing your screener resume, you need to decide on a suitable resume format. A resume format determines the order and prioritization of your resume sections. This plays a huge part in curating the tone of your resume. There mainly three universally accepted resume formats-
- Chronological Format- Lists your professional experience in a reverse chronological order. Perfect for candidates who have a strong background working as security screeners. This format is highly preferred by hiring managers and recruiters.
- Functional Format- The main focus of this format is highlighting your skills and qualifications rather than your work history. Suitable for candidates who are switching their line of work or have gaps in their work history.
- Hybrid/Combination format- This format combines key elements of the chronological and functional formats giving equal weightage to skills and work experience. It is perfect for candidates who are new to the workforce.
We recommend going for the chronological format as it offers easy readability and emphasizes your work experience which is a plus point in the hiring process. It is also the most suitable format to bypass the automated screening process of applicant tracking systems.
How to Structure Your Security Screener Resume?
Every professional resume consists of certain essential sections that cover your employment history, skills and qualifications and present a well-rounded professional image to a recruiter.
Let's take a look at each section in detail and understand how to effectively structure your screener resume.
Create a Professional Resume Header
This section should contain all your necessary contact information. Make sure you double check all the details to avoid any errors. Include the following details in your resume’s header section.
- Full name
- Job title
- Phone number
- Email address
- LinkedIn profile (if available)
Write an Impactful Professional Summary
A professional summary is an overview of your experience, skills and qualifications and gives you the chance to show your capability for the position that you are applying to. Try to keep this section brief and make it impactful by only adding the relevant information to increase your chances of getting the job. Make sure to include the following details in your professional summary.
- Job Title and number of years of experience
- Skills and accomplishments
- Elaborate on the unique expertise that you bring to the position that you are applying to
Elaborate Your Work History
This section is the most important section of your screener resume. Most hiring managers will exclusively be scanning through this section to decipher if you can be considered for the security screener role. List your employment history in a reverse chronological order and add in the following details for each job.
- Job title
- Name of the organization
- Period of employment
- Key duties and responsibilities for every position
- Use bullet points to describe your duties and start every sentence with a strong action verb.
Highlight Relevant Skills
It is advisable to create a separate skills section to highlight your suitability as a security screener. Include skills such as X-ray machine operation, metal detection and quick emergency response. You can also add in your soft skills like attention to detail, teamwork and communication abilities.
Mention Your Educational Qualifications
Security screeners do not require a college degree and most of the screeners working at airports possess only a high school diploma. However, if you do have certifications and relevant training that is directly related to the screener job then it is important to mention the same on your resume. While listing your qualifications make sure to write about the degree earned, name of the school/college and your graduation day. If you have any relevant certification like a Certified Security Screener (CSS) or Certified Protection Personnel (CPP), then make a separate "certification" section and add them in.
Maintain a Consistent Layout and Style in Your Resume
Maintaining a consistent layout and style throughout your security screener resume enables it to be visually appealing and leaves a lasting impression on a potential employer. Here are some steps you can take to achieve a consistent and visually appealing screener resume/
- Choose a professional and legible font- Select a readable and professional font like Arial, Calibri or Helvetica and keep the font size and style consistent throughout your resume.
- Set clear headings and sections - Divide your resume into section headings like header, professional summary, experience, skills and education.
- Use consistent formatting - Make sure that the dates, bulleted lists and text alignment are the same throughout your resume.
- Maintain uniform spacing - Use a uniform margin size and similar spacing between sections leaving adequate white space and avoiding a cluttered look.
- Avoid long paragraphs - Long paragraphs offer a cluttered look and are not appealing for a recruiter to read through. Bullet points offer easy readability and give your resume a clean and professional look.
- Use resume templates - If you are struggling with the design elements of your resume, you can always opt for an online template as they have built-in features which takes care of the aesthetics of your resume.
- Proofread and edit- Always remember to proofread and scan your resume for typographical, grammatical and formatting errors.
Now, you are ready to start making your very own professional screener resume. Besides referring to this comprehensive guide, you can also check out our comprehensive list of resume templates, samples and examples for extra assistance. We wish you all the luck in your job search! Happy job hunting!
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Create your resume in 15 minutes
Our free collection of expertly designed cover letter templates will help you stand out from the crowd and get one step closer to your dream job.