The key to writing a resume that demonstrates your value as a customer service representative is to emphasize your most noteworthy abilities and experiences.
Following this comprehensive guide, you’ll discover the best ways to present your successes and qualities in a customer service resume. You may write a resume that will catch hiring managers’ interest and motivate them to learn more about you with the tips, examples, and suggestions in this article.
What to Include in a Customer Service Representative Resume?
Your resume as a customer service representative should emphasize your interpersonal, analytical, and planning abilities. To prove that you have the qualifications they are seeking, use terms and phrases from the job description.
Add the following important components to your customer service representative resume:
- Contact Information
- Professional Summary
- Awards & Certifications
- Personal Traits Relevant to the Position
- Volunteer Work
- Interests & Hobbies
Tips to Improve Your Customer Service Resume?
- Make key points stand out by using bullet points and bold headings.
- Put a focus on your previous customer service experience and how you helped clients.
- The words “achieved,” “resolved,” and “collaborated” are strong action verbs you may use to express your successes and responsibilities.
- List your skills in areas like active listening, problem-solving, and empathy that apply to providing customer service, especially if you can support them with specific instances.
- Quantify your accomplishments with figures, such as the daily number of clients served or the percentage rise in client satisfaction.
- Customize your resume as per the job you want to apply to.
- Make sure there are no grammar or spelling mistakes on your resume.
Finding the Best Customer Service Resume Format
By using the right resume format, the hiring manager won’t have to go far to find your most impressive accomplishments.
Reverse Chronology Resume – Generally, the reverse-chronological resume format is recommended for customer service representatives as it expertly showcases their work experience.
Functional Resume – This resume format is advised if you have a natural aptitude for customer service but lack relevant expertise. A functional resume emphasizes abilities, making it perfect for people with little or no experience or work gaps.
Combination Resume – Use this style if you have prior experience working in the customer service sector. The functional and chronological resume styles are combined in this layout. It displays your employment history in reverse chronological order while simultaneously emphasizing your successes and abilities in a different section. Use this format if you want to give a complete career history while still highlighting your skills and accomplishments.
Best Customer Service Resume Examples
Entry-Level Customer Service Resume Example
Passionate about enhancing people’s quality of life with the best possible care and assistance. To get hired for an entry-level customer service role in a PNG firm and use my exceptional problem-solving and communication abilities to offer excellent customer care.
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration
Western Washington University
Expected Graduation Year – June 2022
High School Diploma
Harrison High School
Graduated – Dec 2016
GPA – 3.5/4
Feb 2019 – March 2021
- With product knowledge and recommendations, helped customers make purchases.
- Handled cash registers and dealt with money
- Maintained a spotless and orderly retail environment
- Worked along with other salespeople to achieve sales targets
- Helped to plan and carry out events and fundraisers
- Interacted with participants of the event to make sure they had a good time.
- Worked together with other volunteers to make sure activities went successfully
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Familiarity with customer service software
Certified Customer Service Professional (CCSP),
NCSA, May 2018
Experienced Customer Service Resume Example
Professional customer service representative with over 7 years of experience in a call center as well as in-person customer support jobs.Excellent written and verbal communication abilities. Strong capacity to solve problems and resolve challenging circumstances. Proficient with customer service tools and technologies like Zen Desk and Salesforce. Capable of cooperating with different departments and performing successfully in a team setting.
Senior Customer Service Representative
New York City, NY
March 2020 – Present
- Offered thorough customer service through the phone, email, and chat, addressing difficult problems and assuring client pleasure.
- Mentored and instructed fresh customer care agents on business guidelines and practices, as well as enhanced team effectiveness, frequent coaching, and performance reviews were conducted.
- Managed a group of 15 customer service representatives, ensuring they fulfilled performance standards and offered great customer service.
- Developed and put into practice customer service techniques to increase client retention and satisfaction.
- Analyzed customer input and sent to other departments suggestions for bettering the product and service offerings.
- Acted as a point of contact between customers and other departments to guarantee prompt and accurate issue resolution.
New York City, NY
May 2017 – Dec 2019
- Aided clients with questions about products and services, offering advice and answers
- Managed a large number of consumer calls and emails, ensuring that problems were resolved precisely and promptly.
- Utilized customer service software to keep track of and record consumer complaints
- Teamed up with other departments to ensure that customer issues were resolved quickly.
- Data Entry and Management
- Verbal & Written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Knowledge of POS systems and CRM
- Call Management
- Customer Account Management
- Product Promotion
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Capable of working with the team
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
New York, USA
Graduated – June 2016
Certified Customer Service Professional (CCSP), NCSA, May 2018
How To Describe The Contact Information On A Customer Service Resume?
Put similar efforts into the contact information section as you would in the other sections. Incorrect numbers and misspelled words may prevent the recruiter from offering you an interview if you fail to accomplish this.
- Your resume’s contact information section must include the following:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Professional email address
- Your LinkedIn page link
How to Write a Customer Service Resume Summary?
You can persuade a recruiter to read your entire resume by including a resume objective or summary since they only spend seconds per resume. Being a customer service agent you understand the value of creating a positive first impression.
- You should concentrate on presenting your applicable skills and experiences that make you a great contender for the position to develop a convincing customer service resume summary.
- Start with an attention-grabbing introduction paragraph that clearly explains your professional aim or the kind of work you are looking for.
- Mention your accomplishments and relevant experience in customer service. To show your effect and accomplishments, wherever feasible, use quantitative measurements.
- In particular, emphasize your strengths and critical competencies that line up with the demands of the position you’re applying for.
- Emphasize your teamwork abilities and how dedicated you are to offering excellent customer service.
- Finish with a sentence that expresses your passion and interest in the organization and the position.
Customer Service Resume Summary Examples
How To Write Customer Service Resume Objective?
Similar to resume summaries, objectives are also brief paragraphs that briefly describe your qualifications.
You should concentrate on outlining your professional objectives and aspirations as well as the particular abilities and experiences that make you a great candidate for the position to produce a successful customer service resume objective.
- Start by making a clear description of your professional goal or the kind of position you are looking for.
- Emphasize your relevant experiences and skills, particularly those that fit the job criteria for which you are seeking.
- Emphasize your commitment to providing superior customer service and your capacity for getting along well with both clients and coworkers.
- Use powerful action verbs to highlight your abilities and achievements.
How to Make Your Customer Service Work Experience Stand Out
You should concentrate on emphasizing your unique successes and achievements as well as the crucial skills and experiences that demonstrate your capacity to give outstanding customer care if you want your customer service job experience to stand out on your resume.
Make your customer service job experience stand out on your resume and show that you can give clients exceptional service by concentrating on your unique accomplishments, quantifying your influence, and emphasizing your important skills.
Here are some guidelines to help you describe your job in your customer service resume:
- Rather than just describing your job duties and responsibilities, mention particular situations where you delivered great customer service.
- Utilize statistics wherever possible to evaluate the success of your customer service initiatives.
- Place a strong emphasis on customer service-specific abilities including communication, problem-solving, and resolution of disputes.
- To illustrate how you have used your skills in a practical situation, use concrete examples from your professional experience.
- Since providing excellent customer service is frequently a team effort, be sure to emphasize your capacity for working cooperatively with colleagues.
Organ Tech Consultants
Customer Service Representative
March 2019 – April 2021
- Help consumers make purchases by paying attention to their requirements or problems and making recommendations for the best solutions.
- Responded to 10 to 15 calls and emails every day to quickly answer consumers’ queries.
- Utilized an online calendar to schedule installations to keep your system organized and effective.
- Assisted with other customer service projects, such as the updating of a 60-page
- Trained new hires on the company’s rules, goods, and procedures.
How To Write Customer Service Skills Section for Your Resume?
When writing your skills for a customer service representative resume and the position you’re applying for, it’s essential to customize them. It’s important to highlight the unique abilities and credentials that distinguish you from other applicants in the customer service skills section of your resume.
- List your most outstanding and important customer service abilities first. This might include empathy, tolerance, problem-solving ability, and sharp communication skills.
- Give specific examples of how you’ve used these skills in previous jobs.
- Try to match your skills to the qualifications and requirements specified in the job description by taking a look at it.
- If you can, quantify your accomplishments. For example, increased customer satisfaction ratings by 20%.
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Data Entry
- Outbound Calls
- Acquiring Customer Information
- Product Knowledge
- Industry Knowledge
Soft Skills for Customer Service Professionals
Communication – both verbal & written communication skills are important. More specifically, they must be able to actively listen, talk with clarity and conciseness, and show consumers empathy and understanding.
Problem-Solving – Customer service experts are required to be able to find creative solutions to challenging situations.
Adaptability – Professionals in the customer service industry need to be able to adjust to changing circumstances, deal with unforeseen difficulties, and perform effectively under pressure.
Attention to Detail – To ensure that client information is accurately recorded, purchases are appropriately processed, and concerns are addressed in a fast and effective way, customer service employees need to pay close attention to detail.
Time Management – Customer service professionals must be able to prioritize their tasks, effectively manage their time, and meet deadlines.
Patience – When interacting with clients who might be angry, frustrated, or difficult to work with, customer service representatives need to practice patience and composure.
Empathy – Professionals in customer service need to be able to put themselves in the client’s position and comprehend their requirements, issues, and frustrations.
Teamwork – To provide customers with the greatest service possible, customer service professionals usually operate in teams. Hence, They must be able to communicate effectively, exchange knowledge, and help one another.
How To Maximize Your Education Section For A Customer Service Representative Resume?
Including your education on your resume as a customer service representative could prove to be a great benefit. You may show potential employers that you have the knowledge, abilities, and devotion necessary to succeed in the position by emphasizing your education and the accomplishments and skills that are most pertinent to the position of customer service representative.
- Emphasize relevant coursework
- Highlight your accomplishments
- Include extracurricular activities
- Add a relevant certification
- Showcase your GPA
New York City, NY
Graduated – May 2018
- Pick an elaborate format for your resume in customer service.
- Begin by including a catchy resume aim or summary.
- Make an intriguing job description.
- Include education to give more significance to your resume.
- Include a cover letter with your resume for customer service to highlight your qualifications for the position.
- Customize and proofread your resume.
Why Is It Important To Attach a Customer Service Resume Cover Letter?
An essential component of your job application that may help you highlight your qualifications, personalize them, and leave a good impression on the hiring manager is a customer service resume cover letter.
It is essential to include a cover letter with your customer service resume for multiple reasons.
- You get to talk about your qualifications for the position and why you are interested in the organization when you introduce yourself to an employer in a cover letter.
- With a cover letter, you may tailor your application to the particular position and company, making you stand out from other candidates.
- Include additional information not on your resume like significant accomplishments, or specific skills that make you an ideal candidate.
- A strong cover letter can serve as an example of your communication skills, particularly your capacity for persuasive writing.
- A cover letter gives your application a personal touch that might make you stand out from other candidates who might have comparable credentials and experience.
Cover Letter Sample Customer Service Resume
478, Opera Heights
Dear Mr. Garfield,
I’m thrilled to submit my application for PFI’s opening customer support representative. I would be an invaluable addition to your team with my background in customer service and my enthusiasm for assisting others.
I developed substantial expertise in dealing with a range of client questions and issues while working as a customer service representative at Hopkins & Company. I’ve worked on my verbal and written communication abilities, and I feel at ease working in a high-volume, quick-paced setting. I also have familiarity with a variety of software applications, such as Microsoft Office and CRM programs.
I truly care about giving outstanding customer service and take delight in finding solutions to client problems and making sure they like doing business with the firm. Moreover, I am a quick learner and flexible in new circumstances. I’m sure I could pick up your organization’s rules and processes fast and give your clients top-notch service.
I appreciate your taking a look at my application. I am thrilled about the chance to provide my skills and abilities to your team. Hope to hear from you soon.