The transport and logistics sectors are recruiting more and more young graduates. Logisticians on average made a salary of around $74,000. The best-paid 25 percent made $96,000, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made around $57,000.
If you want to catch the attention of recruiters, we can help you enhance your resume. With this guide, discover a complete writing guide as well as several downloadable logistics resume templates that will help you easily get the job you want!
Additional information on the Logisticians job
The main role of the logistician is to manage and maximize the flow of goods. As part of his or her duties, the Logistics Manager :
- Organizes the delivery of raw materials to suppliers
- Performs order processing
- Ensures the storage and handling of products
- Collaborates in production planning.
- Works closely with management
- Take care of supplies
- Intervene in the multiple and varied tasks of the goods.
In public institutions, as well as in private training centers, you can follow a specific training course after the Bac to become a logistician.
- For a training of level Bac+2 :
BA in the field of transport and logistics services
CF in Logistics and Transport Management
- For training at the Bachelor’s level or Bac+3 :
Professional degree in logistics, flow management and logistics processes
Professional degree in logistics and information systems.
Professional degree in international transport.
Professional degree in management
- For a Master or Bac+5 level education:
Master’s degree in production, logistics and purchasing management.
Master’s degree in logistics project management.
You can follow these graduate programs in major schools such as EM Las Vegas, SC Newbrook.
📌 If you aspire to become a logistics manager, you will need to have at least an engineering degree or a business school degree.
In terms of skills, the recruiter will be looking to see if you have the following qualities:
Example of a resume for the job of logistics manager
2848 West Drive Chicago
Rigorous and organized, I am able to supervise a team and coordinate the flow of goods according to the standards and constraints of this demanding sector. I am experienced enough to optimize transport and delivery.
2016 – Present
Logistics Supervisor – GAS Group
- Leads a team of 10 members to ensure the delivery of supplies and equipment worth an estimated 35 million Euros.
- Oversees all cargo transportation operations through the control and tracking of shipments.
- Personal coach in the framework of the reinforcement of their capacities.
2012 – 2016
Logistics Coordinator – UPS
- Oversee the shipment of packages and miscellaneous supplies with an estimated value of 20 million Euros.
- Control, coordinate and validate all procedures related to shipments and cross-border transportation activities.
- Master in management of logistics projects – ESC Florida.
- Licence Pro in logistics and international transport – ASCA.
- Technical Baccalaureate in Commercial Sciences.
- Supply chain administration.
- Team supervision.
- Customer relationship management.
- Extensive knowledge of import and export regulations.
- French: current and professional practice (DELF)
- Computer skills: Mastery of MS Office tools
- Driving : B and C license
Areas of interest
- Passion for new technologies
- Special interest in transit and customs law
How to make a perfect logistics resume?
If you are having trouble finding your way around, refer to our sample customizable online resume!
When formatting your logistics resume, use classic fonts such as Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri or Century… Choose a font size between 10 and 12 to ensure good readability! Make sure to illustrate and air your logistics resume to make it attractive!
The layout of the logistics Resume
⚠️The layout of a resume must follow certain rules. As a general rule, the length of a logistical Curriculum Vitae should not exceed 2 pages. Make sure your resume is clear, accurate, persuasive and rewarding!
When it comes to fonts, choose one that is clear and readable.
Faced with the multitude of fonts available in your document editor, it is better to choose the fonts that are usually adopted for writing a professional letter: Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman…
As far as colors are concerned, you can use any of them, but don’t combine more than two! You can also adopt a background color, but make sure it is light.
The structure of the professional logistics resume
To catch the recruiter’s attention, you need to structure your resume well. There are several ways to do this, but it is important to air it out.
Generally speaking, you must follow a certain logic of arrangement. Thus, an ideal resume example should be ordered as follows:
- The header
- The hook
- Professional experience
- The training
- Assets and skills
- Language skills
- Computer skills
- Additional headings (this part is optional)
Start with the logistics resume header
The header of a logistical resume summarizes the essentials about your personal data, your contact information, your job title and the summary of your profile (i.e. the tagline). You can set it up in a centered, left-aligned or right-aligned position, as you wish.
Header template for Logistician: Example of good and bad headers
Is a photo required in a logistics resume?
We do not recommend including a photo with your application. A recent survey showed that as much as 4 out of 5 employers would reject an application including a photo on their resume, mainly because they do not wish to be accused of discriminating against applicants based on their looks. Therefore, we do not recommend including a photo on your resume⛔.
Choosing your logistics agent / technician resume title
A personalized resume title makes you stand out and boosts your application. This must describe the title of the position you wish to obtain. So choose a simple, clear and precise title.
Work experience in the Resume of a Logistics Department
Through this section, the people who are going to recruit you will be able to identify the areas in which you are really competent. However, it is not necessary to mention all of your professional experience in your logistics resume.
Describe your professional experience on your logistics resume
Ideally, the experiences should be listed in reverse chronological order. Thus, you will need to start with the most recent to the oldest work experience.
For this, you do not need to mention the exact date but specify the year followed by the month. Also be sure to include the name of the company you worked for, for each course. And don't forget to describe the activities you have carried out there!
Examples of work experience for junior logistics services
Examples of work experience for senior logistics services
How to show your Education in the Logistic Resume
Whether you are a beginner or a professional, it is imperative that you value your training. But it must be well integrated into your resume.
Should you start with your education or your work experience for a Logistician?
Generally, employers require to see your work experience first. However, if you are a recent graduate, you may have little experience; in this case, you can prioritize your training.
How to list your studies in a logistics resume?
Template for the education section of a logistics resume
The Skills to put in Your Logistics Resume
Competencies reflect your real abilities to accomplish the tasks you will be assigned. You need to match them to the real expectations of the company.
What are the main skills sought for a logistics technician?
The missions assigned to the logistics technician are numerous. In order to have a career in this field, you must have certain qualities.
The core competencies of a supply chain supervisor are:
- Logistics distribution management
- Storage control
- Planning of logistic operations
- Management of material resources
- Compliance with the standards
- Strategic sourcing
- Customer relationship management
- Personnel management
- Supply Chain Administration
- Project Management
- Planning, coordination and implementation of logistical tasks
- Information system management.
What skills does a logistics officer need?
- Receiving and scoring of incoming shipments
- Preparation of orders
- Storage and packaging of products to be stored
- Optimization of shipment tracking
- Archiving of receipt and proof of delivery records
- Control of incoming and outgoing goods
- Sorting of parcels at the reception
- Quality control
Writing the ideal hook for the logistics resume
The headline of a logistics resume provides the essential information about your profile and your objectives. This hook should be described in a concise, succinct and persuasive manner. The goal is to attract the attention of recruiters to arouse their interest in reading your resume.
Example of a teaser for a Junior Logistician
"With a good managerial sense, I am able to supervise a team and control the flow of goods while respecting the imposed deadlines. I have mastered supply chain management techniques and am experienced in managing customer relationships."
Example of a teaser for a Senior Logistician
"I have proven experience in coordinating logistics tasks. I have the expertise to develop and monitor large-scale logistics processes. I am fully aware of the regulations related to import and export."
Additional sections for a Perfect Logistics Resume
Depending on your background, accomplishments and references, it may be useful to add additional sections to your logistics resume.
IT skills and certifications for a Logistician
Computer skills can be a must for your logistics resume. For a technician, an operator or an engineer in logistics, the mention of certain computer skills could therefore contribute to enhancing a resume.
Here are some examples:
- Computerized inventory management
- Intelligent coding of the products to be stored in the storage areas
- Classification and categorization of items to be stored in warehouses
- Creation of a database and computerization of the chain optimization process
- Computerized inventory management
The languages section on a Logistician Resume
Knowledge of at least one foreign language is an asset. Since you work with clients, service providers and suppliers of different nationalities.
It is therefore important to indicate your level for each language! You can also mention certifications if you have them
- Spanish: SIELE; advanced level
- German: TestDaF and Goethe Zertifikat; advanced level
Areas of interest for a Logistician
The interests have almost no direct relation to the job as a logistician, but they should be mentioned. However, avoid mentioning too much personal information about hobbies.
Summary: Key points for writing an excellent logistics resume
Here are some key points to remember:
- A neat presentation,
- A clear, concise and precise valuation of your profile,
- A fluid combination of your professional experience and academic background
Write a cover letter that goes well with your resume
In order for your application to be complete and catch the attention of recruiters, your logistical resume must be accompanied by a cover letter. The latter reflects your desire to join the company, while highlighting your qualities. But writing this kind of document is not easy. Certainly, you must include relevant information without neglecting the formatting.