Additional information about the real estate agent
The real estate business is evolving. Remuneration varies according to the size of the integrated agency, the candidate’s experience and especially the location of the work.
According to BLS, the median annual wage for real estate brokers was $60,000 in May 2020.
Example of a real estate agent resume
How can you make a real estate agent resume?
Before writing your resume, it is important to know a few rules for a perfect presentation. For real estate agent candidates, here are our tips:
- Summarize all your information and data in one page
- Use a professional resume font, approximately 10 to 12 point
- Space out the text
- Moderate the use of logos
- Prefer a sober color palette
The layout of the real estate agent resume
To catch the eye of the recruiter, know that the ideal format for listing your background is reverse chronological. Highlight your most recent experiences before citing old ones. This also makes it easier to update your resume.
The structure of a real estate agent’s resume
The structure or format of your resume must be easy to read to catch the recruiters attention. Remember these tips:
- Put your contact information in the header along with the title of your resume
- Write a resume cover letter summarizing your profile, purpose and motivation
- Add your professional experience
- Insert the diplomas obtained and the training courses followed
- Name your soft and hard skills and specify the computer tools you master
- Mention all the languages you speak
- If you have one or more certifications, add a dedicated section
- Highlight your interests if you don’t yet have experience as a real estate agent
Start with the real estate agent resume header
The header of the resume is your personal signature. You must write it in a methodical and precise manner. Apart from your contact information, a resume title is essential in the layout. This title allows recruiters to identify your expectations and your possible contributions to the company.
Example of a header / Example of a bad header for Real Estate Resume
When writing the header of your CV, be precise and organized. Follow this model
Avoid a disorganized header with too much specific, irrelevant information. Here is an example of a bad resume header
Is a photo required on a real estate agent’s resume?
It is not recommended to include a photo on your resume.
Many employers are afraid of being accused of discriminating against or judging candidates based on their appearance not their skills. Without a photo, the recruiter will only give an opinion on your professional qualities. So most employers reject applications if they include a photo, so they can’t be accused of this. Therefore, to be on the safe side, it’s best not to include a photo in your resume.
Choose your real estate agent resume title
The title should convey important information. Adapt it according to the position to be filled. Here are our tips and tricks:
- “Junior prestige real estate agent” for a beginner
- “Real estate agent specializing in life annuities” if you are responding to a specific ad
- “Real estate sales agent, 5 years experience” if you apply spontaneously
- “Real estate sales agent: good interpersonal skills, good commercial skills, mastery of real estate law” if you wish to highlight your skills
Work experience on a real estate agent’s resume
Each work experience allows you to distinguish your profile. Start with the most recent and the most relevant to the position you are applying for. Don’t forget to emphasize your adaptability to the job.
Describe your professional experience on your real estate agent resume
For each experience, state:
- Employer’s name
- Position start and end dates
- The function occupied
- Assignments: on this part, use strong action verbs)
Examples of professional experience for a beginner real estate agent
If you don’t have any work experience, highlight your internships and studies in your resume:
Examples of professional experience for senior real estate agent
The principle of writing is to highlight your advantages and your missions.
Education in the real estate agent’s resume
The “training and studies” section includes your academic background before entering the professional world. It allows you to identify your level of education, your field of study and especially the school concerned.
Should you start with education or work experience for a real estate agent resume?
If you have no experience, emphasize your academic background before your experiences. On the other hand, if you are already a senior in the field, work experience comes before education.
How can you properly list your education in a real estate agent resume?
For the sake of readability, the studies are listed in reverse chronological order. You must state:
- The start and end dates of the study years
- Title of diploma
- The name and location of the school
Example of the Education section of a real estate agent resume
Skills to include in a real estate agent’s resume
To highlight your strengths, add a section dedicated to your skills in your real estate agent resume. It includes hard skills and soft skills.
What are the main skills sought for a real estate agent
In theory, here are the knowledge or hard skills essential to the profession of real estate agent:
- Expertise in the real estate market
- Knowledge of urban planning rules
- Knowledge of foreign languages
- Good knowledge of real estate law
- Mastery of office automation tools
- Expertise in the sales process
- Knowledge of real estate software
- Training in real estate or business
- Power of persuasion
- Ability to build relationships with customers and partners
- Spirit of initiative
Which skills for a beginner real estate agent?
For a beginner, here are the essential assets to have:
- Property management
- Market watch
- Conclusion of a sales or rental contract
- Property administration
Which skills for a qualified senior real estate agent?
In addition to the qualities of an entry-level profile, the qualified senior is distinguished by the following skills:
- Innovative marketing strategy
- Expertise in the legal texts in force
- Realization of virtual visit
- Real estate negotiation
Write the ideal catchphrase for the real estate agent resume
The catchphrase summarizes your skills and background. 2 to 3 sentences are enough to make you stand out. To captivate the recruiter, you should mention the job title, your professional achievements, your objective, your motivation or your goal.
Example of a catchphrase for a junior real estate agent
Example of a catchphrase for a senior real estate agent
Additional sections for your real estate agent resume
For this position, it is advantageous to add an additional section including certificates obtained, foreign languages mastered and computer skills in the resume.
IT skills and certifications for a real estate agent
The following are the computer skills that candidates must have:
- Office Pack
- Social networks and website
- Real estate transaction software
Areas of interest for real estate agents
Areas of interest are advantageous for candidates with no experience. Nevertheless, they must be relevant. For example, instead of “sports activity” write: “Swimming for 10 years, regional champion in 2018”.
Language for estate agent resume
The real estate sector requires versatility and even multilingualism. Agents must speak several languages to prospect with clients from all over the world. These skills must be certified and you must mention the score you obtained:
- English : TOEFL,TOEIC, IELTS
- Spanish : SIELE
Summary: Key points for writing the perfect real estate agent resume
When writing a real estate agent’s resume, consider the structure of the information and its relevance. Don’t forget to highlight your advantages and your motivation according to your professional profile and the targeted position. If you are responding to an ad, add a catchphrase, then highlight your experience or training.
Write a cover letter that goes with your real estate agent resume
To complete the resume, the candidate must accompany it with a cover letter. Here are our tips for writing the letter:
- Look for the ideal format
- Write a catchphrase
- Use short sentences and relevant keywords
- Summarize in 200 to 300 words
- Ask for an interview at the end