3D artists may also find employment in architecture, product design, and other fields that require visualization of three-dimensional objects and environments.
This is a comprehensive 3D Artist Resume writing guide that will help with formatting, layout, and content to present your portfolio in the best possible way.
If you wish, you can use our ready resume example to easily make a professional resume for a 3D Artist.
Moreover, you can also check out the Game Designer Resume sample which is similar to this profile.
3D Artist Resume example
Here are two different examples of 3D Artist Resume to assist you in crafting your resume.
3D Artist Resume Example 1
Creative 3D artist with 4+ years of experience and proficient Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop. Strong eye for detail and ability to meet tight deadlines. Seeking a 3D artist position that utilizes my skills in modeling, texturing, and animation to create high-quality visual content.
ABC Interiors LLC
July 2021 – Present
- Designed 3D models, textures, and animations for games and multiple film projects.
- Worked closely with clients to understand their vision and deliver high-quality results.
- Collaborated with a team of artists to ensure that projects were completed on time and to the highest standards.
3D Artist Intern
June 2018 – March 2021
- Assisted senior 3D artists in creating 3D models and animations for use in video games and film projects.
- Gained hands-on experience using industry-standard software and techniques.
- Contributed to team projects and gained valuable experience working in a collaborative environment.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in 3D Animation,
- Adept in animation software like Maya, 3ds Max, and Blender.
- Proficiency in particle effects software like Houdini, and Particle Flow.
- Experience with character design and rigging.
- Worked with lighting and rendering.
- Hands-on with compositing software like Nuke, and After Effects.
Dedicated 3D artist with 6+ years of experience in modeling animated 3d art for websites. Designed and defined immersive game settings using 3Ds Max tools and ensured project integration. Adept in using Adobe Creative suite. Looking forward to joining an organization to use my skills and expertise for the growth of the company.
July 2016–July 2018
- Designed 3D animations for games, films, commercials, or other projects
- Textured assets for rendering and optimized Shader.
- Cooperated closely with other artists to obtain the best final results.
- Created art assets for the company.
- Games were nominated for “Digital Art Awards 2018” by the art director.
Jan 2013–Jun 2016
- Design the characters of the “Boogy Woogy” animated movie.
- Assisted in creating 100 character models for characters of a Stylo Game.
- Redesign digital environment using Maya.
- Cooperated with the team to ensure character production and integrity.
- 3D models created won “Animated Characters Jury Awards 2016” from Creative Director.
Bachelors In Computer Animation
ABC College, Florida
Visual Arts Certification
Aptech School of the Arts, Florida
- Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
- 3D Software: Maya, Revit, 3D Studio Max
- Character Modeling
- Project Management
Rigging: Adept in designing skeletons of 3D models using Maya and 3D Studio Max and create a realistic character and object motion.
How to make a 3D Artist Resume
You must highlight your skills and experience, relevant education, and training in your resume to stand out from the competition. Before you write the resume summary, read the job description carefully.
Here are some general guidelines for writing a 3D artist resume:
- Start with a strong Professional summary that communicates your goals and qualifications for the position.
- Include a summary of your skills and experience, highlighting your strengths as a 3D artist.
- List your education and any relevant training, including any degrees or certifications you have received.
- Include work experience that is relevant to the 3D artist position you are applying for.
- Include a list of your skills, including proficiency in specific software and any specialized areas of expertise.
- Being in the gaming feidly, add a link to your portfolio so that employers can see your work.
- Consider including references, either on your resume or as a separate document.
Layout, Format, and Structure
This is the ideal structure of a resume for a 3D Artist should be as follows:
- Title and Contact Information
- Portfolio Links
- Professional Summary
- Professional Experience
- Technical Skills
A 3D artist resume should showcase your relevant skills, education, and experience in a clearly and concisely.
A mixed format is best for a 3d artist resume because it allows you to highlight your relevant skills and experience, while also providing a chronological record of your work history.
Title and Contact Information | First Part of Your Resume
Use the header of a 3D artist resume to enter your name, job title, and contact information.
In the good example above, the name and job title are prominently displayed, followed by the contact information.
In the bad example, it doesn’t display is placed after the name and job title, which can be confusing and make it harder for the reader to find.
It is generally not necessary to include a photo in the header of a 3D artist’s resume. In case you want to include a photo, keep it a professional headshot.
How to describe your Professional Experience as a 3D Artist
Here are some rules for listing your professional experience on a 3D artist resume:
- Write in experience in reverse chronological order.
- List your responsibilities and achievements with bullet points.
- Use action verbs to describe your responsibilities and accomplishments.
- Include specific examples to quantify your achievements.
- Craft your professional experience with relevant keywords to parse the Applicant tracking system.
Here are two examples of work experience for a 3D artist:
- Designed 3D animations for various films and television projects using Maya and Blender.
- Collaborated with the art department to create concept designs and storyboards.
- Assisted in the development of new techniques and workflow processes to improve efficiency.
- Prepare layouts and user interface of games.
- Understand the character rigging from concept artists.
- Worked with another 3d artist to develop computer software with 3d modeling.
- Crafted 3D assets and environments for games using Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Worked with the design team to create game mechanics and gameplay features.
- Created and implemented textures, lighting, and effects using Substance Designer and Photoshop.
- Research new horizons for innovation in the gaming industry.
- Contributed to the development of multiple mobile and PC games, resulting in over [X] million downloads.
- Designed a creative environment for a renowned mobile game.
- Coordinated with a team of game designers and developers to create new gaming characters.
- Prepare work reports to the project manager on weekly basis.
- Create three-dimensional models for the main character for a renowned game brand.
- Our games had been nominated for “Digital Art Awards”.
And if you don’t have experience …
If you don’t have professional experience as a 3D artist, you can still highlight your skills and relevant experience on your resume.
Here are some things you can include:
Include a relevant degree like computer science or digital art. You can also include any relevant coursework.
Internships or apprenticeships
List details of internship or apprenticeship in the creative field.
You might have worked on personal projects as a freelancer or for a company during or after your studies. Include details of these projects to showcase your 3D art skills.
Highlight software proficiency, technical skills, and artistic abilities. Be sure to provide specific examples to illustrate your skills.
Education | Include your academic background
To write the academic background section of a 3D artist resume, you should list any relevant degrees or certifications you have earned. Insert any completed coursework that is relevant designing or innovation field.
Certificate in 3D Modeling and Animation
Certificate in 3D Modeling and Animation
Top Skills for a 3D Artist Resume
The skills section of a 3D artist resume should highlight the specific technical and artistic abilities that are relevant to your career as a 3D artist. This section should provide a list of your hard skills (technical abilities) and soft skills (interpersonal abilities).
List of Hard Skills For A 3D Artist
- 3D modeling
- Character design
- Environment design
- Graphic Design
- Game development
List of Soft Skills For A 3D Artist
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving
- Time management
Professional Summary | How to Present Yourself
A professional summary is a short statement at the top of your resume that highlights your relevant skills and experience.
It is an important part of a 3D artist resume because it gives the reader a quick overview of your background and helps them determine whether you are a good fit for the position.
To write the perfect resume summary for a 3D artist, you should:
- Keep it short and to the point: Aim for around 3-4 sentences.
- Use specific examples and quantify your achievements when possible: Instead of saying “I am a skilled 3D artist,” say “I have 5 years of experience as a 3D artist, creating high-quality 3D models and animations for film and television projects.”
- Highlight your most relevant skills and experience: Focus on the skills and experience that are most relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Use action verbs: Use strong, active verbs to describe your skills and achievements.
The bad example is too vague and does not provide enough specific information about the applicant’s skills and experience.
Quantify your achievements because it gives the hiring manager a better understanding of your background and what you can bring to the role.
Additional Sections to Boost Your Resume
Additional headings on a 3D artist resume can help to showcase your relevant skills, experience, and achievements in a clear and organized manner.
Here are some additional headings that you can include on your resume as a 3D artist.
A portfolio section allows you to showcase your work and provide examples of your 3D art skills. Add a link to your portfolio website or list projects you have worked on.
This section can include any additional skills or experience that are relevant to your career as a 3D artist. This might include software proficiency, technical skills, or artistic abilities.
Awards and Recognition
Highlight awards or recognition that you have received while studying or in your previous positions.
List personal projects that showcase your 3D art skills. Describe the projects in brief.
Having additional headings on your 3D artist resume can help to give the reader a more complete picture of your skills and experience and can make your resume stand out.
- Choose a professional format for the resume.
- List your skills, experience, and education.
- Describe your responsibilities and achievements.
- Include a portfolio of your work.
- Highlight your most relevant skills and experience.
- Be specific and quantify your achievements when possible.
- Include a resume summary to give a quick overview of your background.
- Consider including additional headings to showcase your skills and achievements.
Complement Your Resume with a Cover Letter
A cover letter is vital because it allows you to provide more context for your resume and to highlight your relevant skills and experience in a way that a resume alone may not allow.
A well-written cover letter can help you grab the hiring manager’s attention.
It is an opportunity to showcase your writing skills and to demonstrate your enthusiasm and fit for the role. Take the time to craft a professional cover letter that impresses the hiring managers.
Use our resume template that comes with a cover letter template to write a professional resume and a cover letter.